Sunday, May 31, 2015

Road Trip Days 17 and 18 - Pocatello with Family

Tower of family
Salt & Pepper at Duck Ugly's
The drive from Elko was only about four hours.  It was really pretty once I got to Idaho and the beautiful green farm land.  Again, I was trying to get to Burley Idaho by lunch time.  Friday was the last day of school for the Michael and John.  Michael is now officially a high school senior and John is a junior.  They all seem to be getting older and I am not.  How does that happen?  We had lunch at Duck Ugly's.  No duck served here - just lots of duck decor.

Cell phone at age 2??
Then we all headed east to Pocatello for two days with Greg, Brooke, and Paige.  May 31 is John Robert Dayley's 16th birthday!!  Happy birthday, John!  We celebrated with breakfast at IHop and again with dinner at Ruby Tuesday.  Why is it that celebrations seem to always be with too much food?

Eureka!
Jen and I managed to squeeze in trips to two quilt shops, The Gathering Place in Rupert and Sages in Pocatello.  At Sages, I found the pattern I have been searching for.  Eureka!!  And, of course, a few other treasures, too.

Metal roses
Greg, the oldest grandson, has a metal fabricating shop and is so very talented!  He made me fifteen more quilt rack bases for the Bloomington Quilters Guild.  He saved our bacon last fall with 85 bases at the last minute when we discovered the ones we were going to use would not work.  Greg can do just about anything with metal.  Amazing!!

Day 19 will take me north and east into the Tetons and Yellowstone and then on to Cody Wyoming.  Should be some fabulous scenery!  I know that I could spend a week in this area and still not see it all but this will be good enough for now.

Onward!!  Odometer will pass 4,000 miles today on the Epic Road Trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment