Thursday, May 14, 2015

Epic Road Trip has begun!

The Gateway Arch!

I am so excited!  My Epic Road Trip for 2015 is really happening!  It has been a dream of mine to drive across this great country and experience the treasures of nature and of man along the way. It will take me 11 days to get to Orangevale California to gets some hugs from my Sista Karen. 

The first stop Day 1 is St Louis MO. Never been to Missouri but have wanted to see the Gateway Arch. Oh my gosh!  Here it is!!  And Busch Stadium!  

First I got lost here trying to find my hotel. Those of you who know me find that to be quite expected as I have no sense of direction. Wow did I see some interesting neighborhoods here!  Turns out that going south on Jefferson off Hwy 64 is not a good idea. Note to self:  pay attention when putting address into GPS. 

Here is the view from my hotel window. See the Arch out there?  I'm going up there today!

I decided to order something delivered for dinner. Mary, the bartender, suggested Imo's Pizza and fried raviolis.

  This is not a place I can walk from to see the sights which is kind of disappointing but there is a van that can get me almost anywhere. I really don't want to drive in the city if I don't have to. 
Oh my!  This was really tasty. After two glasses of Pinot Grigio not sure but anything would have been tasty. 

Today's agenda is to go up on the Arch, get frozen custard from Ted Drews, tour the Budweiser plant and maybe take in the museum. I am told I also need to have some BBQ at Pappys. That is a lot for one day!

Hope the weather is nice to me. So far the one thing I forgot to put in the car was my new rain jacket. Oh well. I have an umbrella! 

Must get going if I'm to get it all in.


No comments:

Post a Comment