Saturday, May 16, 2015

Road Trip Day 3 - Missouri Star Quilt Company


Yesterday was the drive across the state of Missouri.  First stop was the Starbucks outside St. Louis to see if there was a Starbucks mug for the city.  Guess what?  There was and I now have one!  Oh boy!  Life is so good!  Can it get better?
Next stop was in Hamilton, MO to visit the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  The MSQC takes up almost the entire 2 blocks of downtown Hamilton!  There are 6 stores and 3 more buildings being remodeled to add more.  I overheard one of the employees say that they were adding yarn!  There was a store full of reproduction fabric, one with batiks, one with theme fabrics (I picked up some Star Wars fabric for a quilt for Todd), a modern or floral store and a store full of just solids and blenders.  Oh my!  I truly felt like I had died and gone to fabric heaven in Hamilton.  Life did get better!

I did not know that Hamilton MO is the birthplace of JC Penney.  Right there in Hamilton.  Who would have imagined.

After I left Hamilton, I thought I might be able to get into the Truman Presidential Library in Independence.  Did not make it before 5 pm but plan to try again this morning before I leave Missouri and head into Kansas.  First stop (except for fuel and potty stops) will be Hutchison KS and the Cottonwood Quilt Store that was owned by my good friend, Becky Lomasney, before she and Pat moved to Bloomington.  Becky, I just want to say "I've been there".  Will give you a report, if you want to hear how the new owners are doing.

Today will take me as far as Dodge City KS.  Just hope the weather is not too nasty.  Looks like lots of wind and lightning and rain between here and there.

Westward Ho!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment