Sunday, August 18, 2013

Road Trip 2013 Day 7

It is Sunday, August 18, I think. I am seven days into my adventure and today was leisurely. Starting out in Bay Shore and Petosky I took M119 north along Lake Michigan. First stop was Harbor Springs. Parked the car and started wandering. Found this 124 foot yacht docked in the harbor.  


 Right across from the harbor was this beautiful home looking out over Traverse Bay. 

Wow!  So I bought some fudge and handmade carmel and decided this was way out of my league. Beautiful little resort town!

Back on 119 we headed up through the road known as the Tunnel of Trees road. Now my island of Kauai has a tree tunnel road about a half mile long but this one was miles and miles of road covered by a canopy of trees. 

 Stopped at Pond Hill Farms and checked out the pigs. So cute!  Six little piggies all in a row. 

Next stop was Good Hart General Store where I thought I should try a crepe. Oh me, oh my!  Way too much sugar today!  This is a cheesecake strawberry with chocolate crepe. Could not eat it all. 

Back on the road for another stop at Leg's Inn in Cross Village. Fabulous old, old inn with beautiful gardens and view of the islands and lighthouses in north Lake Michigan. They serve Polish food and had some lovely Polish dishes and such in the gift shop. 

From Cross Village I followed the lake shore as far as I could then headed north to Mackinaw City. My hotel is just at the bottom of the Mackinaw Bridge and within walking distance of the state park and lighthouse and downtown. 

Finally found the first penny crushing machine for Sara's collection. 

 Monday I will take the ferry to Mackinac Island and hopefully fulfill a dream of sitting on the porch of the Grand Hotel. Maybe a little bit of Somewhere In Time fantasy will come true. The adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment