Sunday, August 18, 2013

Road trip 2013 Day 6


 This is my view from my veranda at the Renaissance Inn on the Bay just south of Petosky Michigan. It is an absolutely beautiful resort but very, very pricey. That's what I get for waiting too late to make a reservation. 

Yesterday on my way out of Grand Rapids I walked across the river to the public museum where there was a fabulous exhibit on the Titanic. What an emotional story!  We were given an information card with one of the passengers names and story. I had to wait until the end to find out whether my passenger and her 2 sons survived. Found myself anxiously looking among the 3rd class survivors.  All 3 were survivors but it made me cry anyway. I feel teary just writing this. Very emotional exhibit. 

After recovering from my Titanic experience, I went back to the quilt show and made a deal with the APQS dealer and a new George should be moving in with me in 3 or 4 weeks. Sure hope we get along and there are no tension issues!  

My drive yesterday took me to Grand Haven where I found a fabulous art and craft fair going on right where the Grand River comes into Lake Michigan. Then it was up to Ludington where I discovered the ferry boat harbor. 

 It would be so much fun to take my car and the ferry from Ludington to Milwaukee then drive north to the UP or where ever the roads lead me. That will have to be another adventure!

I kind of ran out of time and had to skip Traverse City to get to Bay Shore before the sun went down. 

Made just it just in time for sunset!  This would be a great place to come for several days but not by myself. So many families and couples on holiday it really accentuated my aloneness. This is a beautiful resort, though. 
 
 Today will take me to Harbor Springs and then on to Mackinaw City for a couple of nights. 

The adventure continues. If anyone is reading this, thanks for joining me. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am sure you and George will have a happy and loving relationship together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy for you and your new baby! Have fun on your adventure.

    ReplyDelete