Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Road Trip 2013 Day 16

Always a highlight of visiting the Harrington's in Media, PA is a drive to Amish country in Lancaster and Intercourse to check out the fabric stores and yarn and goodies and food. I forgot my phone so did not get many pictures but found some great treasures there. 

Here is an Amish bus. We did not get a ride but it looked like it would be fun. 
 
I found a really cool plant stand that stacks clay pots. Hard to describe so I will have to set it up at home and take a picture. 

Then there is always the handmade soaps. Besides being a fabric, yarn and thread junkie I am also a collector of good soaps. Probably have enough bars of soap to last more than a lifetime but I just love fun soap. What can I say, eh. 

It is always fun to go to the Old Country Store and see what they have. But it is the little stores just to the west of the main tourist center that have the best stuff. Beautiful batiks for just $6 a yard!  The back of my car is full of some really great treasures!


Nothing closes out a great day better than crackers and cheese with some good Chardonnay. 

I think I am ready to head back to Indiana before the holiday traffic so will be back on the road again headed west to Wheeling WV tomorrow. Should be home in Bloomington by Thursday night. Great big thank you to Susan and Chip for their hospitality here at the Harrington B & B!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment