Thursday, August 22, 2013

Road Trip 2013 Day 11

Niagara Falls is amazing!  Because I only have one day here I signed up for a 4 hour tour to hit all the highlights. There were only six of us on the tour and it was terrific. It started with the tunnels behind the Falls then to the Maid of the Mist boat. 

That is a lot of water!  They said that 20% of all the fresh water on earth flows over these falls. 


Very fun!

In the tourist trap plaza outside the boat ride, Elvis was singing. 
The guy was actually pretty good!
 
The bus stopped a a few tourist traps then to the flower clock and a butterfly conservatory. This one was much bigger than the conservatory on Mackinac. 
 

The tour gave me an idea of what was there and I got a walking map to set out on my own. For three hours I wandered the streets of Niagara marveling at all the trashy tourist stuff trying to drown out the beauty of this place. And so 
many people from all over the world!  

Found Starbucks and a new mug for the collection. Then I looked up at the Skylon Tower and decided I had to see this all from a different perspective. 
 
 
From the bottom. 
 
From the top. 
 

Very glad I got to see this amazing wonder!  Very glad to be heading back to US soil tomorrow. It will be a long day to get to Media, Pennsylvania to see my family there. But then, what's another 400 miles. On the road again!

No comments:

Post a Comment