Saturday, October 26, 2013

Day 9 At Sea (again)

Saturday, October 26 was another sea day. Not much going on except jewelry sales, future cruise sales and lots more opportunities to eat too much. I attended a really good seminar on the Inca empire and the Spanish conquest of South America.  There was a pretty exciting volley ball game between the crew and the guests in the pool on the Lido deck.  The guests won this round. 

Days at sea give me time to reflect on my experience here and to watch the other passengers who all seem to have traveled the world many times over on cruise ships. It is a topic of conversation everywhere I go on board with bragging rights to the number of cruises taken and where they are going next. Some of these people must be using the cruise ships as their retirement home. 

The seas were not as calm yesterday but I am still not needing the Bonine or Dramamine. Yesterday I spent most of the day wandering the ship and eating way too much. There are only 2 movies on the tv in my room and I have turned it on to catch enough of the beginning,middle and end to piece together the plot or story of Cowboys and Aliens.  The movies in the theater have been just about as exciting so I have reverted to knitting and reading on board. Oh, and eating, of course.   The next 3 days are shore days with excursions in Trajillo and Callao so there will be a bit more variety. 
This is the towel critter left in my stateroom last night by the steward. Every night is something different. Very clever. 

I hope this post works. I had to switch to the digital camera and download pictures to my iPad. The blog app I was using on the iPhone suddenly decided it would log me off and then not recognize my password to get back on. Day 8 is all ready saved and ready to publish but there it sits on my phone languishing. Since my phone pics are not uploading to the cyber cloud, I think I can email my pics from the phone to myself and save them to the iPad and try again. The messages from Bloggo indicate they are working on a solution. In the meantime I will try this routine even though it is a bit more cumbersome for the photos. Hope it works!

Today I am off to see some Peruvian archaeology museum and see the Paso horses.  Now, however, it is time to eat again.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment