Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cruise Day 1 of the Grand Adventure

Oh my gosh!  This is so exciting!  So many first time experiences. So I took a taxi (first time in a taxi by myself) and got to the port very early to check in for the cruise. It is kind of like the airport but only one gate. I have not found anyone who is on their first cruise like I am. Average age on board is - well - I am about average. 

After an hour or so we got to board and I set out to explore the MS Zaandam. 
Lots of food and produce being loaded. 
My stateroom. No luggage yet.  
The main dining room upper level. 

I found a whole pallet of potting soil. Wonder what they are doing with this on a cruise ship???

Finally, we got underway and I cannot describe how excited I am. Friends Mike and Sally Brown from Bend Oregon are on the trip, too, so I am not really totally traveling alone. It was so good to see old friends again after 8 or 9 years. 

The pilot boat waiting to pick up the port Everglades pilot as we left the harbor. 

Beautiful sunset!

And a full moon to light up the night sky. 

We had a fabulous lunch at the Lido buffet then dinner in the Rotterdam dining room. I am figuring out the dining options and have already eaten about 3 days worth of calories this first day!  Oh my!  I must get control of this or my clothes will not fit me by the time I get to Brazil!  

Today, Saturday, is the first full day at sea and there are soooo many activities it is hard to choose. Whatever I do, this is bound to be very fun!
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: