Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cruise Day 3

This is the second "sea day" and I am really amazed at how far it is from Fort Lauderdale to Aruba. There are so many activities and entertainment opportunities that it is hard to choose. Mostly I think everyone just eats a lot!  

I went to a stretching class this morning and went to a fascinating history lecture about the pirates of the Caribbean. The real pirates, not the movie. 

Again there was some traffic out here. Today we passed between Cuba and the Dominican Republic. 

And I ate way too much again today!


This is the top of the pipe organ in the atrium between decks 3 and 5. I don't think it functions as a musical instrument but certainly fills the space. There is a very talented violinist who plays in one of the lounges. Reminded me of the music on the deck of the Titanic as it was going down. Not that I am worried but that movie is my most vivid reference to what a luxury cruise might sound like, having never been on a cruise ship. 

Tomorrow we will be in port at Oranjestad Aruba and I am going on a 4 hour off-road 4WD excursion to see whatever is there to see. Maybe even go for a swim at the beach!

This cute little creature was waiting for me when I got back from dinner tonight. 

Tomorrow is going to be very fun! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment