Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cruise Day 2

This was my first full day on the ship as we head towards Aruba. Check out the sunrise this morning. 

And God's promise in this beautiful rainbow. It was bound to be a terrific day with this start!
 

The sun was shining through a hole in the cloud and the spotlight of sunshine on the water was pretty awesome. 
 
My stateroom is on the port side aft. How is that for ship talk?  Especially from this extremely directionally challenged traveler. The MS Zaandam only carries about 1400 passengers so is not very big as cruise ships go. However I have managed to get lost once or twice already. 

Breakfast in the Explorer Lounge was a latte and bran muffin then I took a class on how to get the most from my digital camera. Really learned a lot but I find my iPhone is much easier to use. 

There was a luncheon for solo travelers today and 12 showed up. Got to meet some really interesting people including a woman from Washington state who is addicted to quilting, too. 
Lots of other ships out here. Wonder where they are headed. 
I found one of the swimming pools. 

And the tennis court. 

And Luis from Chile who spoke as much English as I know of Spanish but we had a great time hitting, Luis with no shoes on and me in my sandals. Very fun!

In the distance is Cuba and the Dominican Republic. 

Tonight was formal dress for dinner. I hardly ever get dressed up so had to get a self portrait. 
Mike had a little fun with the #3 car after dinner. Just to clarify, no, I was not drinking red wine. But the lemon drop martini was very good!

Tomorrow is another sea day. Wonder what adventure awaits.....
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting adventure and you found a quilter, too!

    ReplyDelete