Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Rio de Janeiro - last day

Tuesday was our last day to see the sights of this beautiful city. Martha found a fabulous taxi driver, Reynaldo. 
Reynoldo was a great source of information and a really good driver!  Driving in Brazil is a pretty scary thing so he quickly became my very favorite taxi driver in Rio de Janeiro. 
We did most of our sight seeing from the taxi as the temperature hit 40•c and we did not want to melt. The picture above shows how they try to keep the mountain from collapsing by reinforcing it with columns of steel and concrete. 
Ipanema Beach with another fabulous mosaic walkway. 
No this is not my new boyfriend!
In front of the biggest football stadium in the world. The city is getting ready for the World Cup next year and the Olympics in 2016 so there is a lot of construction everywhere. 
Contrast of buildings right next to the stadium. 

Beautiful cathedral in the distance. 

Time to eat again at the Colombo restaurant which was established in 1894. 


The floor looked like it would make a beautiful quilt design. 



Dessert before and after. Yummy!!
Love the colors on this fruit cart. 
Too soon it was time to go back and check out of the hotel and to get to the airport for the flight to São Paulo. 

What an amazing trip this has been. I am waiting now for my flight back to the US today, Wednesday. I cannot adequately express my gratitude to the Jordão family for their friendship and hospitality. It feels like they are family now and I will miss them very much. Since my visa to Brazil is good for 10 years, I plan to return and spend more time in this fabulous country. 

Obrigada e tchau ate nos encontrar outra vex!!

 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment