Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Garden Walk 2012

So last year sometime, I got a call from the Bloomington Garden Club.  They have a Summer Garden Walk each year and wanted to know if I would consider putting my yard on their Garden tour in 2012.  Wow!!  There are six gardens featured each year so this is really special.  Anyway, I have been working, working, working in the yard trying to make it look worthy of being selected for the Walk.  Tomorrow is the preview day so I needed to be done with it today.  So here are some pictures of what the visitors will experience in my little place in the forest.

 This is the view of the back deck looking from the stairs coming down from the upper deck.  Lots of pots of flowers (because I am really not a "gardener")  They called my landscape a "container" garden.
 And here is the view from the hot tub looking back at the forest.  After 2 hours of tennis this morning and 5 hours of yard work and mowing, the hot tub really sounds good right now!

And this is the view from the driveway looking toward the front porch with the rock fountain in the foreground.

And this is the west side of the house, the one that gets the most sun.  The roses and dahlias are really pretty this year.  The little bench is for those Kodak moments like when Sara goes to her first prom.  We have had very little rain so the new sprinkler system is making my yard look like an oasis in the dry desert.

I am really excited to have the yard in the Walk but am feeling a bit nervous that it will not be as special to the visitors who come as it is to me.  This is my favorite spot for that latte in the morning or to work on the binding on a quilt.

Wish me luck!!

1 comment: